Friday, July 13, 2018

If you hang it, they will come.

Yesterday, Fred's class created a bit of an opening of his show, something we're not sure the Vitorchiano people were planning to do. So we did it.

Judy, the program's leader this year, brought chips and sodas ahead of time and I brought wine and cookies. When I arrived, the city was sprinkled with young artists.






I walked what I think are six, maybe seven flights, to the top room of the tower and set up our little reception. What a view, and a breeze!








I could see Fred and his students gathered in the piazza below. They saw me waving!



We had a little glitch with the lights --- as in, they were not on --- so while Jon, the artist in residence and I found help, the kids went directly to the top for the party part BEFORE seeing the show. A little backwards, but whatever works!











Students admiring their professor's work.

                                








Jon, Fred, and Judy.






Back in the square, we met a drooly cat 


Bought these two gelati because they won the Santa Rosa challenge -- which means, they went and saw the patron saint of Viterbo, where she lies in a glass display case.


And... these guys. I hadn't realized they were quite so aware of what I was doing. Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment