Thursday, July 12, 2018

Clooney, Casts, and Caffés


Photo credits to www.olbianova.it

From Independent.co.uk:

George Clooney has been injured in a crash involving his scooter and a car in Sardinia.
The Hollywood star was taken to hospital after having an accident while riding his scooter on the Italian island. 
His injuries are not serious but he was taken to the nearby John Paul II hospital's emergency room local newspaper La Nuova Sardegna, reported, adding that the 57-year-old was heading to a film set on Tuesday when his motorbike was hit by a car. 
See? The threat is real. I wonder if he got a cast....
I had a day to myself, so I drove to Montefiascone, 25 minutes away, to walk, shoot, work in caffés, and read. I'm at one of my favorite spots right now --- where the toilet seats are square :)  Very strange!  That's not why it's my favorite. It's just pleasant. Strong wifi. Clean and upbeat. [NOTE:  It is a day or two later. The wifi sucked. Had to send stuff to a client asap... really messed me up.]


The view from the square-toilet caffé.

The view from the top of Montefiascone.


I've seen this before here and find it to be paradoxical. Someone clearly is thinking, I'll let the bird hang out in the fresh air today. He'll like that. Or, put another way: I'll put the caged bird outside to just remind him of what's out there and what other birds (who are free) get to do. 


Montefiascone overlooks Lake Bolsena.

Little poppies grow in the wild everywhere. I took some seeds home with me one year, not realizing I was smuggling opium.

Never saw so many butterflies at once!

Playing with depth of field. Flower or fountain? 

A study in orange.

Love this one little plant growing in a sea of decay.


Oh, and look who I ran into on my way out this morning:
He was drawing something he was hoping to capture for days --- these two scooters. The opportunity arose when there was no car parked directly opposite, enabling him to have a spot to sit.






Alas, the universe had other ideas. Or this guy did, anyway...



No comments:

Post a Comment